Wednesday, October 05, 2005

more knitty stuff

I started 2 new projects yesterday and a 3rd one this afternoon.

The first one is samus . Technically I'm just restarting this one. This time I got half way through the border and ran out of yarn! (what do you mean your supposed to get the yarn BEFORE you start a project???) So i ordered more yarn(knitpicks WOTA in hollyberry) and it should be here in 5 days.
So I had to find something to keep me busy until then. I had a bunch of really pretty lace weight yarn. I wanted something REALLY simple. Knit while watching TV simple. cozy is PERFECT. Really really REALLY easy but not boring and pretty. SEE:






The third project.... well, I'm pretty sure its a bad idea . It was one of those I wonder what would happen if.... ideas. I've been looking at lots of lacey things lately--like doilies and tableclothes and curtains. Cause they're pretty. And I've been thinking that I need to make me one of those things. Except I'm not really a lacey doily kind of person. I just think they look pretty. But I dont really need a doily. I DO need a hat--but not a doily. a hat. doily. hat doily HatdOILY....

HOILY
or maybe its a
DAT
A HOILY DAT?
its a work in progress...








I'm using some superwash wool sock yarn that I found in my stash. I bought it over a year ago. I never used it cause I only bought one ball and you cant really make anything with one lonely ball of sock yarn. Except a dat! I'm making the pattern up as I go along. Lottsa fun!!!!
Who wants a dat for christmas????? :-D

No comments: