Monday, January 21, 2008

Last night was one of the worst nights at work in a long, long, LONG time. I walked into ICU at midnight and did not get to sit down once til I got on the train this morning. I didn't even get a chance to pee. Thank god I brought a bag of pretzels with me or we all would have passed out from hypoglycemia.
We had a table dog until 4am and once he was stable the rest of ICU decided to crap out. Needless to say I did not get to take any pictures. My project 365 is not going well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar 2 nites wed and thurs SO bad--I think we had 22 patients. luckily no one actually coded.

i feel your pain

Anonymous said...

wow sounds fun.. we had a dog drunk out of his mind on 99 bananas. I had to hold his ears and hair back while he retched.. felt like i was back in high school with my friends. lol acumen

Anonymous said...

i sometimes feel like it is "wrong" to pull out the camera during days like these. we had a dog w/ 8% pcv crap out while the cross match was being done--oxyglobin came in to rescue it was a phenomenal response. i wanted to grab the cam but didn't--- do u feel this way too?

Diane said...

I'm sorry it was such a bad night last week. Hope you are doing better now. You will pick up your camera when the time is right. Just know you are missed.