Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mr. Nosey April 4, 1999 - January 21, 2010

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am in the swift uplifting rush
Of circling birds in
graceful flight,
I am in the starshine of the night.


I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
poem by mary elizabeth frye,



3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Just reading some of your back-posts. Why did Olive need the amputation? Just being nosy. She's a beautiful kitty!

An said...

i got Olive when she was 2 months old, she had been hit by a car and suffered nerve damage to one of her front legs.
she didn't have any feeling in that leg and she would drag it behind her when she walked and trip over it running and jumping.
when I got her spayed, I asked the surgeon to amputate the leg. I think she's much better off without the silly leg. She beats up the other cat and runs away from the mean bunny and this summer she caught a fly with one hand-- how many cats can do that!

The Homeless Parrot said...

I'm so sorry about Olive.